FIRST INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ANNOUNCEMENT Dynamics and Sustainability of African Cotton Zones 21-24 November 2017 Bamako, Mali21.11.2017 - 24.11.2017Coordination and support of the cotton sector
This international symposium is a collective project of PASE II partners (including AFD and the Malian Ministry of Agriculture) and all stakeholders in the cotton sector in Mali. Its overall objective is to contribute to the improvement of productivity and sustainability of the cotton sector in Mali and more widely in Africa. Its specific objectives are:
• Share PASE II achievements with agricultural world, in particular the cotton sector in Mali, Africa and beyond;
• Encourage exchanges among development and research stakeholders, among other things, to share highlights on performance and constraints of cotton-based farming systems in Africa;
• Mobilize more cotton sectors stakeholders and their partners for better support to cotton sector development, and in particular to improve visibility and valorization of Malian cotton on international level;
• Strengthen the process of OP and cotton sectors organization in Africa;
• To exchange experiences and achievements among cotton sectors and achievement in term of dynamics and sustainability of cotton zones.